Monday 25 February 2013

Idea's from Analysis of Content's Pages

As my contents page is the least effective and basic looking of the drafts of my magazine I have chosen to focus on mostly the contents pages of Just POP and The Latest to give me inspiration to help to make my contents page look better and appeal to my target audience much more.



  • Both contents pages separate their contents into different sections such as "the latest fun", "the latest style", "posters" and "pop giveaways". I can use this within my magazine to help my target audience be able to navigate their way to the pages they wish to access and read.
  • Both contents pages use graphics i.e. Just POP use a splat grapic to highlight pages they think are of most interest. Whereas The Latest just use boxes to highligh to their audience of the different things they want them to draw their attention to. I will use graphics on my contents page to highlight the different sections of the contents to help the reader of the magazine to navigate their way through.
  • Both contents pages include a section where they show popular fashion for their readers so that they can dress like their favourite stars. I like this idea and feel that I can use this in my own magazine through showing popular fashion worn casually by pop stars.
  • I like the way in which The Latest has some of the features on their contents page slightly slanted to one side. I think I will use this on my contents page to add more interest to my potential readers and make it astetically pleasing to the eye.
  • Both contents pages use all available space and makes the magazine full of things to excite their readers. I need to make sure that my magazine contents seems to be full of different articles to appeal to my readers and uses all the space available.
  • The Latest magazine uses a message from the editor and it is quite thin and is slanted down the side so that it can fit, it also uses an image at the top. I like this idea and feel that I can use this idea on my contents page with my message from the editor.
  • Both magazines use a kind of foot note for the address of the magazine and who the different people in the magazine are (in The Latest they have nicknames for each one of them and adds to their inclusiveness). I feel that I can possibly use this idea within my contents page to make it look more professional.

I feel that all the codes and conventions used within these two contents pages that use these to be so effective, if used on my contents page will help me to create a successful and effective contents page for my music magazine Lyrical, which will help to engage my target audience and also make sure that its primary use can be easy to use.

No comments:

Post a Comment