Monday 21 January 2013

The RadioTimes Magazine Analysis



Analysis
 
The RadioTimes is a magazine informs their audience of what is on the television and the radio. The front cover of this magazine, as with Kerrang, doesn't need to make their name that evident as, it is somewhat blocked by the picture in front of it. It also uses a slightly angled banner for their main headline, this draws attention to what their main feature is. In their contents page they include a "message from the editor" which is a commonly used feature of a magazine, this makes the reader feel connected to the magazine. The RadioTimes also use within their contents page a screen shot of their front page. This makes sure that if a reader bought this magazine purely because of what was written on the front page they would use this to find out where the story they wanted was located. The contents page is also well structured and the page numbers can be easily read.
 
What I Have Learnt
 
I have learnt that having a basic front cover for a magazine means doesn't mean that it isn't effective for it's purpose. I also think that making the title of the magazine partly obscured sounds like a good idea to use for my own music magazine front cover. I like the different features shown within the contents page of the RadioTimes. I like the use of the "message from the editor" and I would like to use this idea within my magazine as it adds a personal feeling to the audience. I also like the use of the screen shot of the front page of the magazine. I like this feature as it is an easy way in which the audience of the magazine can find out where the main stories of the magazine are, and I would like to use this idea for my own music magazines contents page.

No comments:

Post a Comment