Friday 25 January 2013

My Preliminary Task and Evaluation


This is my preliminary task for a school magazine; it consists of a front page and a contents page. I completed this task through trying to follow my design that I prepared before I started working on it using Photoshop.
 
Inevitably there were some changes that I made to the design of the magazine throughout the process. For example: I added a picture to the contents page of a student at the sixth form, I did this to add more interest for the audience. I also removed the giant circles that in the design were decorated all over the front page. I removed these as to make the magazine look more professional.

Overall I feel that the contents page is better in design and layout than the front page. This however makes my magazine ineffective as it means that it would not attract an audience as the front cover is the first thing they see in order to take an interest. As this is the case, I will try in my music magazine to make the front cover as good as the contents page so as to attract audiences to read and buy my magazine.
 
I feel that there is a lot that I can improve on and work on with this magazine, and I will keep this in mind when I create my music magazine so it can look overall better and be more effective.

No comments:

Post a Comment